February 26, 2019
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department, Rice C. Leach Community Room
ANTAGONIST PRODUCTIONS – REQUEST FOR FUNDING
- Promote local actors/the arts
- Present the “I Come From” plays in prisons in Liberty, KY
- Soni Cantrell-Smith and Margo Buchanan – writers of “The Last Call” musical coming to Lexington in September 2019
- Resources will be available after productions for those seeking help
- $15/ticker or pay what you can
- 12 character – all local
JUUL PSA VIDEOS
- 3 videos created to target parents and teachers to provide information about Juuls
- Videos to be posted to DrugFreeLex social media
NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF DRUG ABUSE HEAL GRANT UPDATE
- Upcoming meeting to discuss grant money for evidence-based programs in 18 counties, overdose prevention, incarcerated individuals, and needle exchange
- Marketing/Awareness: reviewing bylaws. Need more exposure for DFL. Considering purchase of promotional items: shirts, pens, bumper stickers
- Stigma Reduction: Needle Exchange is target. Why are folks that need exchange not coming?
- Membership: Get the right people at the table. Need specific representatives from certain places on the committee.
- Strategic Planning: Will submit next plan in June. How will we spend our money?
- Youth: Want to get the new youth worker at Bluegrass on board with committee. Have been discussing this year’s youth summit. How will we get the youth more involved?
We have funding available that must be assigned. Suggested to use some funding for “The Last Call” musical “Director’s Chair” Sponsorship. Recommended by board to ask for full page ad. Unanimous vote of “Yes.”