Date: April 16, 2019
During this meeting, members broke into groups and discussed next steps. I have included a brief summary of each group’s work below.
- Working to develop itemized budget for Youth Summit
- Transportation was a major expense last year – looking into options for transportation this year
- Plan to meet with T.C. Johnson to go over Youth Summit plans
- Plans to revamp resource fair (this did not work well last year)
- Plans to survey students before and after event
- Targets of Youth Summit include: mental health, coping mechanisms, suicide prevention, drug use prevention
- Develop speakers bureau to send out in order to satisfy requests for substance use education in community
- Need to include money in the budget to pay for speakers
- Include funding for fentanyl test strips
- Job fairs/ training/employment
- Develop business cards for needle exchange (hours/location, what to do if you see an OD)
- Fund overdose prevention event
- Workplace training for second change employment
- Develop survey to address community hesitance/stigma around NEP
Marketing & Awareness
- Bailey is working on design of brochures, shirts, business cards, and pens
- We need photos – if anyone has any please send them to me!
- Upcoming events we plan to attend:
- Police Picnic – May 18
- Public Safety Day – June 12
- Ideas for future events:
- Lexington Legends
- Goal to attend at least 1 event each month
- Plans for next FY budget:
- Boosting FB posts: $200
- Sponsorships/paid booths: $500
- Promotional Materials: $1000
- (brochure holders, website domain, etc.): $300
- Consider student intern to help manage social media, attend events, and take photos.
- Members of this committee were unable to attend the April meeting.